Vogue Caprice Lexicon

~ It's alright if you don't get it.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Chief Clerk

I don't know how she stands it ; having the men in her life leave and come. I guess it's part of the job. But she is her job. She is the chief clerk. She calls them her "sons" but I imagine a time when she mightn't be old enough to, so what're those men? the chief clerk's "what"? It's a pretty frightening thought.

I guess we all have our ways of dealing with whatever hand life has dealt to us, and this must be hers. Perhaps it helps numb her pain those nights when she stays up late, whiskey in hand, and dismisses them as "children" who must leave. I guess it all makes sense, if it helps her sleep.

There's this other dude at work, Rockey, he's always on the phone. He wants to save animals, so it probably doesn't matter that he wants everyone dead... especially the chief clerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home