Vogue Caprice Lexicon

~ It's alright if you don't get it.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Day 0

Packed and ready. At least the bags are. I brought a weapon. It allows me to blog from hell.

Head feels a little lighter now. The hirsute baggage shorn off as with most thoughts - sanguine, choler, phlegm, melancholy and the Heart - all irrelevant because I will be Soldier. Exercise and brain atrophy will soon reduce its weight further.

It's time to make friends. Says the propagandists, "National Service makes friends of strangers"... and strangers of friends.

Army "intricacies" plague me even before day 1. The enlistment letter says Ng Cheng Wei is to report at BMTC School 1 at 0800, helpfully (thank you, Sir) pointing out a bus service plying from Pasir Ris to the jetty from 0800 to 0830. Our army is so advanced, their buses can travel through time.

Two weeks followed by one. And one more. One once again, or maybe two. And more weeks than I can count. It will end one day, but not before I make it count. Who says I can't dance in hell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home